Soup is one of my favorite meals to make and eat. It’s so easy to throw together during the week. This meal literally takes 20 minutes! I try to eat vegetarian 2-3 times per week and not only is this vegetarian meal RD approved but it is husband approved as well! Add this to your meal plan next week and let me know what you think!
1 package of udon noodles (each package has 3 bundles, I used 2 of those bundles)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 onion, sliced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
4 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 handful of basil, roughly chopped
4 baby boy chop, roughly chopped
4 cups vegetable broth or water
3 tablespoons soy sauce (you can substitute coconut amino’s or tamari here)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (reduce or skip if you don’t like spicy food)
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- Chop up all the veggies
- Add oil and place your soup pot on medium heat. Add the sliced onions and let them simmer until they start to soften and become translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms to the pot and continue to simmer for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add the zucchini, scallions, basil, broth, soy sauce, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Once the broth is brought to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until zucchini starts to soften.
- Then, remove from heat and add the precooked noodles to the broth.
Here are some of my favorite toppings but I would love to hear what you use!
- Sesame Seeds
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves 4. Enjoy!